Barking stabbing victim Joshua Bwalya: Two people arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Two arrests have been made after Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya was stabbed to death in a “cowardly but brutal” attack.
An 18-year-old man, and another male whose age is yet unknown, both remain in custody after being arrested yesterday on suspicion of the 16-year-old’s murder.
Joshua, who lived in Shipwright Court, Abbey Road, was found with fatal stab wounds in Movers Lane, Barking, at 1am on August 2.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes said: “Joshua’s young life was cut short by a senseless act of violence when he was approaching the prime of his life.
“The attack was not only cowardly, but brutal. I urge anyone who has information that can help our investigation to come forward and help us to bring Joshua’s murderers to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that while arrests have been made, the investigation is still ongoing and the police are still appealing for information.
Two other young men aged 16 and 20, who were found near to Joshua with stab wounds, were taken to hospital before being arrested on suspicion of murder.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
Both have since been released without further action being taken.
Anyone with information should contact police on or via Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.