Barking stabbing victim Joshua Bwalya: Two people arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Two arrests have been made after Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya was stabbed to death in a “cowardly but brutal” attack.
An 18-year-old man, and another male whose age is yet unknown, both remain in custody after being arrested yesterday on suspicion of the 16-year-old’s murder.
Joshua, who lived in Shipwright Court, Abbey Road, was found with fatal stab wounds in Movers Lane, Barking, at 1am on August 2.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes said: “Joshua’s young life was cut short by a senseless act of violence when he was approaching the prime of his life.
“The attack was not only cowardly, but brutal. I urge anyone who has information that can help our investigation to come forward and help us to bring Joshua’s murderers to justice.”
He added that while arrests have been made, the investigation is still ongoing and the police are still appealing for information.
Two other young men aged 16 and 20, who were found near to Joshua with stab wounds, were taken to hospital before being arrested on suspicion of murder.
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
Both have since been released without further action being taken.
Anyone with information should contact police on or via Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.