Police yet to identify this man in connection with Barking station rape
- Credit: BTP
Police investigating the rape of a man at Barking station are still looking for another man in connection with the attack.
Officers appealed for the public to come forward to help identify the man caught on CCTV.
They believe he may have vital information about the alleged rape of a man in this 20s.
British Transport Police officers received a report of a rape on March 7, 2020, which is believed to have taken place between 5.10pm and 5.30pm in the men’s toilets.
The victim is continuing to be supported by specially trained officers.
Detective Inspector Jeremy Banks said: “Since last year we've been conducting extensive enquiries into the incident, and we are now re-appealing to the public to help us identify the man in the CCTV image.
"We believe he could have vital information which would assist our investigation.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
“If you recognise him, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
"Likewise, if you were in the men’s toilets around around this time, or noticed anything unusual at the station, please do let us know."
Those with information about the man can text 61016 or by calling 0800 405040, quoting reference 340 of 09/03/20.
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.