Barking boy, 17, charged with Gillingham murder after arrest in France
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy from Barking has been charged with the murder of a man in Gillingham.
The 17-year-old, who can't be named, was arrested by Kent Police in Coquelles, near the French port of Calais, in the early hours of Saturday, January 11. He is set to appear before Medway Magistrates' Court today (Monday, January 13).
A woman in her 40s was also detained on suspicion of assisting an offender and has since been released pending further enquiries.
A murder investigation was launched after a 35-year-old man was fatally stabbed in Fox Street, Gillingham, on the afternoon of Friday, December 20.
Detectives are still investigating the incident, which includes establishing the whereabouts of a large knife.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone living in Fox Street or the surrounding area who finds such a weapon is asked to report it by calling Kent Police 01634 792209 quoting reference 46/242350/19.
You can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault