Barking boy, 17, charged with Gillingham murder after arrest in France
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy from Barking has been charged with the murder of a man in Gillingham.
The 17-year-old, who can't be named, was arrested by Kent Police in Coquelles, near the French port of Calais, in the early hours of Saturday, January 11. He is set to appear before Medway Magistrates' Court today (Monday, January 13).
A woman in her 40s was also detained on suspicion of assisting an offender and has since been released pending further enquiries.
A murder investigation was launched after a 35-year-old man was fatally stabbed in Fox Street, Gillingham, on the afternoon of Friday, December 20.
Detectives are still investigating the incident, which includes establishing the whereabouts of a large knife.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone living in Fox Street or the surrounding area who finds such a weapon is asked to report it by calling Kent Police 01634 792209 quoting reference 46/242350/19.
You can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets