Barking teen ‘murder’: Second man arrested after fatal shooting
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested in connection with a suspected murder in St Ann’s on Sunday night.
An 18-year-old, named locally as David ‘Dutch’, was found with a gunshot wound to the head just after 7pm and survived for three hours before dying in hospital.
Police are treating his death as murder, and arrested a 20-year-old man soon after.
A second man, also aged 20, was arrested yesterday and remains in custody at a south London police station, whilst the first suspect has now been bailed to a date in late May pending further enquiries.
A post-mortem is due to take place today at 11am at Queen’s hospital mortuary.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of the murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.