Barking teen ‘murder’: Second man arrested after fatal shooting
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested in connection with a suspected murder in St Ann’s on Sunday night.
An 18-year-old, named locally as David ‘Dutch’, was found with a gunshot wound to the head just after 7pm and survived for three hours before dying in hospital.
Police are treating his death as murder, and arrested a 20-year-old man soon after.
A second man, also aged 20, was arrested yesterday and remains in custody at a south London police station, whilst the first suspect has now been bailed to a date in late May pending further enquiries.
A post-mortem is due to take place today at 11am at Queen’s hospital mortuary.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of the murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.