Barking teen ‘murder’: Second man arrested after fatal shooting
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested in connection with a suspected murder in St Ann’s on Sunday night.
An 18-year-old, named locally as David ‘Dutch’, was found with a gunshot wound to the head just after 7pm and survived for three hours before dying in hospital.
Police are treating his death as murder, and arrested a 20-year-old man soon after.
A second man, also aged 20, was arrested yesterday and remains in custody at a south London police station, whilst the first suspect has now been bailed to a date in late May pending further enquiries.
A post-mortem is due to take place today at 11am at Queen’s hospital mortuary.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of the murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.