Barking teen ‘murder’: Second man arrested after fatal shooting
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested in connection with a suspected murder in St Ann’s on Sunday night.
An 18-year-old, named locally as David ‘Dutch’, was found with a gunshot wound to the head just after 7pm and survived for three hours before dying in hospital.
Police are treating his death as murder, and arrested a 20-year-old man soon after.
A second man, also aged 20, was arrested yesterday and remains in custody at a south London police station, whilst the first suspect has now been bailed to a date in late May pending further enquiries.
A post-mortem is due to take place today at 11am at Queen’s hospital mortuary.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of the murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 6 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 9 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 10 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.