Barking thief jailed for stealing phones at gig
- Credit: West Midlands Police
A Barking phone thief and an accomplice who targeted music fans at a Libertines concert have been jailed for three years.
Marius Buzura, of Longbridge Road, and Emanuel Paraschiv, of Clarissa Street, Haggerston, were spotted acting suspiciously at Birmingham’s Barclaycard Arena on the evening of Wednesday, January 27.
Officers later found 38 mobiles stuffed down Paraschiv’s trousers.
The pair, both 30, admitted conspiracy to steal and were sentenced at Birmingham Crown Court on Friday, February 26.
Insp Gareth Morris said: “It’s an unfortunately reality that large crowds at concerts such as this make rich pickings for career criminals.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hot on the heels of these offenders but you can also reduce your chances of falling victim to such crimes by remaining extra vigilant when attending busy events.”
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood