Barking Town Hall ‘drug deal’ busted thanks to hero council worker
- Credit: LBBD
A council worker helped police stop a suspected drug deal outside Barking Town Hall.
The have-a-go hero, who wished not to be named, stepped in to help detain the suspect outside the building after spotting officers at about 4pm on Wednesday, June 20.
CCTV teams had noticed a “suspicious male” hovering outside the building before an exchange reportedly took place, according to Barking and Dagenham Council.
Members of the police estates team then swooped in to apprehend the buyer.
He was arrested for cannabis possession, handling stolen goods and obstructing a drugs search and fined £90.
You may also want to watch:
“Once again our CCTV cameras have been crucial in helping us to identify a criminal act taking place and helping us apprehend the culprit,” said Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety.
“I hope this will serve as a major warning that drugs on our streets will not be tolerated in the borough and our cameras will pick out anyone who is intent on breaking the law.”
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs