Barman beaten up in Barking pub
- Credit: Archant
A barman was repeatedly punched in the head by a customer in the middle of the day as pubgoers looked on from their seats.
The assault, at the Barking Arms in Station Parade, was captured by a CCTV camera which shows a fierce and apparently unprovoked beating.
In the video, a man is seen talking across the bar before a member of staff wags his finger at him.
The attacker then grabs the barman by his shirt and strikes him in the head and face half a dozen times with such power that his own hat falls off.
Before striding out moments later, the aggressor swipes up his fallen cap while continuing to shout and point at his victim.
You may also want to watch:
The attack occured on Friday, September 4 at about 3.44pm and police, who are investigating, say they have made no arrests but are continuing with enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 6 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 7 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers