Barman beaten up in Barking pub
- Credit: Archant
A barman was repeatedly punched in the head by a customer in the middle of the day as pubgoers looked on from their seats.
The assault, at the Barking Arms in Station Parade, was captured by a CCTV camera which shows a fierce and apparently unprovoked beating.
In the video, a man is seen talking across the bar before a member of staff wags his finger at him.
The attacker then grabs the barman by his shirt and strikes him in the head and face half a dozen times with such power that his own hat falls off.
Before striding out moments later, the aggressor swipes up his fallen cap while continuing to shout and point at his victim.
You may also want to watch:
The attack occured on Friday, September 4 at about 3.44pm and police, who are investigating, say they have made no arrests but are continuing with enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 Dagenham showed 'mental strength' in FA Cup win over Wealdstone