Man, 21, arrested on suspicion of burglary after machete fight in Dagenham
- Credit: Submitted
A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary following a fight with machetes in the street.
Police were called to reports of five men armed with blades brawling in Basedale Road, Dagenham at 1.10am on Thursday, January 28.
The group fled as the police arrived, but one man from the group was arrested on suspicion of burglary at a home in Basedale Road and taken into custody.
He was released on bail and ordered to report back to police in February.
A Met spokesperson said: "The other four made off and enquiries are ongoing to confirm who they are."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket