Man, 21, arrested on suspicion of burglary after machete fight in Dagenham
- Credit: Submitted
A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary following a fight with machetes in the street.
Police were called to reports of five men armed with blades brawling in Basedale Road, Dagenham at 1.10am on Thursday, January 28.
The group fled as the police arrived, but one man from the group was arrested on suspicion of burglary at a home in Basedale Road and taken into custody.
He was released on bail and ordered to report back to police in February.
A Met spokesperson said: "The other four made off and enquiries are ongoing to confirm who they are."
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 3 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 10 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show