Man, 21, arrested on suspicion of burglary after machete fight in Dagenham
- Credit: Submitted
A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary following a fight with machetes in the street.
Police were called to reports of five men armed with blades brawling in Basedale Road, Dagenham at 1.10am on Thursday, January 28.
The group fled as the police arrived, but one man from the group was arrested on suspicion of burglary at a home in Basedale Road and taken into custody.
He was released on bail and ordered to report back to police in February.
A Met spokesperson said: "The other four made off and enquiries are ongoing to confirm who they are."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room