Biker slashed with knife at Dagenham traffic lights
- Credit: MPS
Police are investigating an attempted robbery after a gang of masked men targeted a lone biker at a set of traffic lights.
The victim, who was in his 40s, was waiting for the light to turn green at the junction of New Road and Heathway in Dagenham when he was approached by the group of six assailants shortly before 8.45am on Wednesday.
Three of the men tried to take his bike. When he resisted, one of the group slashed his jacket with a knife.
Nearby road users shouted at the offenders when they realised what was happening, and the three men ran off and joined the rest of the group who were standing in Goresbrook Road. All wore face coverings and gloves.
London Ambulance Service were called and treated the victim but no injuries were reported.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
Did you see what happened? Anyone with any information should call the police on 101.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters