Biker slashed with knife at Dagenham traffic lights
- Credit: MPS
Police are investigating an attempted robbery after a gang of masked men targeted a lone biker at a set of traffic lights.
The victim, who was in his 40s, was waiting for the light to turn green at the junction of New Road and Heathway in Dagenham when he was approached by the group of six assailants shortly before 8.45am on Wednesday.
Three of the men tried to take his bike. When he resisted, one of the group slashed his jacket with a knife.
Nearby road users shouted at the offenders when they realised what was happening, and the three men ran off and joined the rest of the group who were standing in Goresbrook Road. All wore face coverings and gloves.
London Ambulance Service were called and treated the victim but no injuries were reported.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
Did you see what happened? Anyone with any information should call the police on 101.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out