Biker slashed with knife at Dagenham traffic lights
- Credit: MPS
Police are investigating an attempted robbery after a gang of masked men targeted a lone biker at a set of traffic lights.
The victim, who was in his 40s, was waiting for the light to turn green at the junction of New Road and Heathway in Dagenham when he was approached by the group of six assailants shortly before 8.45am on Wednesday.
Three of the men tried to take his bike. When he resisted, one of the group slashed his jacket with a knife.
Nearby road users shouted at the offenders when they realised what was happening, and the three men ran off and joined the rest of the group who were standing in Goresbrook Road. All wore face coverings and gloves.
London Ambulance Service were called and treated the victim but no injuries were reported.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
Did you see what happened? Anyone with any information should call the police on 101.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham