Search for missing man Dennis Farnall: Police find as yet unidentified body in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Police searching for a missing man have found a body.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed today (December 30) that a body has been found in John Sayer Close, Barking, though formal identification has yet to take place.
A Met spokeswoman said: "A crime scene is in place in John Sayer Close, Barking, following the discovery of a body of a man at around 11am on Saturday, December 28."
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
Police have been searching for Dennis Farnall, 62, who was reported missing from his home in Stanley Avenue on December 21.
He was last seen on December 20 in the Thames View area wearing a black coat, dark trousers and dark shoes.
As part of the police investigation, on December 24 officers arrested a 53-year-old man, a 24-year-old man and a 47-year-old woman on suspicion of robbery and kidnap.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 7 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 8 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Man in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 10 Bow man charged with three offences after Dagenham stabbing
A 20-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of robbery, kidnap and perverting the course of justice.
All four have been released under investigation.
A number of crime scenes in Barking were established and searched as part of the investigation.
Anyone with information can call 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.