Search for missing man Dennis Farnall: Police find as yet unidentified body in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Police searching for a missing man have found a body.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed today (December 30) that a body has been found in John Sayer Close, Barking, though formal identification has yet to take place.
A Met spokeswoman said: "A crime scene is in place in John Sayer Close, Barking, following the discovery of a body of a man at around 11am on Saturday, December 28."
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
Police have been searching for Dennis Farnall, 62, who was reported missing from his home in Stanley Avenue on December 21.
You may also want to watch:
He was last seen on December 20 in the Thames View area wearing a black coat, dark trousers and dark shoes.
As part of the police investigation, on December 24 officers arrested a 53-year-old man, a 24-year-old man and a 47-year-old woman on suspicion of robbery and kidnap.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
A 20-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of robbery, kidnap and perverting the course of justice.
All four have been released under investigation.
A number of crime scenes in Barking were established and searched as part of the investigation.
Anyone with information can call 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.