Body washed up by the Thames in Barking is identified
POLICE have named the man whose body was found washed up by the Thames in Barking last week.
Officers identified the body as that of forty-nine-year-old Ian Sutton of Fernway, Ilford.
It was discovered near the site of waste management company MSK in River Road and it was retrieved on Wednesday shortly before 11am.
Police said the death did not appear to be suspicious at this stage.
A police spokeswoman said: “The police marine support unit assisted in the removal of the body.
You may also want to watch:
“Police are now making enquiries.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer