Body washed up by the Thames in Barking is identified
POLICE have named the man whose body was found washed up by the Thames in Barking last week.
Officers identified the body as that of forty-nine-year-old Ian Sutton of Fernway, Ilford.
It was discovered near the site of waste management company MSK in River Road and it was retrieved on Wednesday shortly before 11am.
Police said the death did not appear to be suspicious at this stage.
A police spokeswoman said: “The police marine support unit assisted in the removal of the body.
“Police are now making enquiries.”
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Dagenham hoping to get players back from injury during break
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today