Body washed up by the Thames in Barking is identified
POLICE have named the man whose body was found washed up by the Thames in Barking last week.
Officers identified the body as that of forty-nine-year-old Ian Sutton of Fernway, Ilford.
It was discovered near the site of waste management company MSK in River Road and it was retrieved on Wednesday shortly before 11am.
Police said the death did not appear to be suspicious at this stage.
A police spokeswoman said: “The police marine support unit assisted in the removal of the body.
You may also want to watch:
“Police are now making enquiries.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate