Boy, 16, in critical condition after report of Dagenham stabbing
A 16-year-old boy is in a critical condition after reports of a stabbing in Dagenham in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to Broad Street just before 1am.
The teenager was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
Barking and Dagenham Police said in statement: “Police were called at approximately 00.55hrs on Friday 20 July to Broad Street, Dagenham following reports of male having been stabbed. Officers and LAS attended.
“A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation and remains in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
“The Trident Gang Crime Command has been informed.
“Enquiries are ongoing.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 8 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
Residents in the area said Broad Street was closed off this morning.
Katherine Paluch said: “The road has been closed and all the shops closed too. There were about eight officers in the area.”