Boy, 16, in critical condition after report of Dagenham stabbing
A 16-year-old boy is in a critical condition after reports of a stabbing in Dagenham in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to Broad Street just before 1am.
The teenager was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
Barking and Dagenham Police said in statement: “Police were called at approximately 00.55hrs on Friday 20 July to Broad Street, Dagenham following reports of male having been stabbed. Officers and LAS attended.
“A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation and remains in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
“The Trident Gang Crime Command has been informed.
“Enquiries are ongoing.”
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 8 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 9 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
Residents in the area said Broad Street was closed off this morning.
Katherine Paluch said: “The road has been closed and all the shops closed too. There were about eight officers in the area.”