Boy, 16, in critical condition after report of Dagenham stabbing
A 16-year-old boy is in a critical condition after reports of a stabbing in Dagenham in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to Broad Street just before 1am.
The teenager was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
Barking and Dagenham Police said in statement: “Police were called at approximately 00.55hrs on Friday 20 July to Broad Street, Dagenham following reports of male having been stabbed. Officers and LAS attended.
“A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation and remains in custody at an east London police station.
“The Trident Gang Crime Command has been informed.
“Enquiries are ongoing.”
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Dagenham hoping to get players back from injury during break
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
Residents in the area said Broad Street was closed off this morning.
Katherine Paluch said: “The road has been closed and all the shops closed too. There were about eight officers in the area.”