Boy, 16, in critical condition after report of Dagenham stabbing
A 16-year-old boy is in a critical condition after reports of a stabbing in Dagenham in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to Broad Street just before 1am.
The teenager was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
Barking and Dagenham Police said in statement: “Police were called at approximately 00.55hrs on Friday 20 July to Broad Street, Dagenham following reports of male having been stabbed. Officers and LAS attended.
“A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation and remains in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
“The Trident Gang Crime Command has been informed.
“Enquiries are ongoing.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
Residents in the area said Broad Street was closed off this morning.
Katherine Paluch said: “The road has been closed and all the shops closed too. There were about eight officers in the area.”