Boy, 17, charged with the Lewisham murder of 21-year-old Barking man Dean Pascal-Modeste
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been charged with the murder of a 21-year-old from Barking who was stabbed to death in Lewisham.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of killing Dean Pascal-Modeste who was knifed just days before his 22nd birthday.
Dean, a former student at Havering College who also attended Rokeby School in Canning Town, died from multiple stab wounds last Friday.
The boy was arrested today and charged this evening.
He is also accused of possessing an offensive weapon and will appear before Bromley Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Four males aged 16, 18, 19 and 20 who were arrested close to the scene on suspicion of Dean’s murder have all been bailed.
The 20-year-old must return to a police station in South London in early May the others later this month.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall