Boy, 17, charged with the Lewisham murder of 21-year-old Barking man Dean Pascal-Modeste
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been charged with the murder of a 21-year-old from Barking who was stabbed to death in Lewisham.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of killing Dean Pascal-Modeste who was knifed just days before his 22nd birthday.
Dean, a former student at Havering College who also attended Rokeby School in Canning Town, died from multiple stab wounds last Friday.
The boy was arrested today and charged this evening.
He is also accused of possessing an offensive weapon and will appear before Bromley Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Four males aged 16, 18, 19 and 20 who were arrested close to the scene on suspicion of Dean’s murder have all been bailed.
The 20-year-old must return to a police station in South London in early May the others later this month.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Dagenham showed 'mental strength' in FA Cup win over Wealdstone
- 10 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava