Boy, 17, charged with the Lewisham murder of 21-year-old Barking man Dean Pascal-Modeste
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been charged with the murder of a 21-year-old from Barking who was stabbed to death in Lewisham.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of killing Dean Pascal-Modeste who was knifed just days before his 22nd birthday.
Dean, a former student at Havering College who also attended Rokeby School in Canning Town, died from multiple stab wounds last Friday.
The boy was arrested today and charged this evening.
He is also accused of possessing an offensive weapon and will appear before Bromley Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Four males aged 16, 18, 19 and 20 who were arrested close to the scene on suspicion of Dean’s murder have all been bailed.
The 20-year-old must return to a police station in South London in early May the others later this month.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham