Teenager seen acting suspiciously in Barking jailed for multiple offences
- Credit: met
A teenager has been sentenced to seven and a half years in jail after being found guilty of a number of offences.
The 17-year-old was previously found guilty of two counts of conspiracy to possess of a firearm with intent to endanger life, possession of an offensive weapon (baseball bat and machete) and possession of ammunition after being arrested on May 21, 2018.
On Wednesday, December 18 at Snaresbrook Crown Court he was sentenced to four years for each firearm offence, to be served concurrently.
He was also sentenced to:
-18 months for possession of a firearm with intent to cause alarm/harm/distress relating to an offence on 18 March 2018 to be served concurrently with the above
You may also want to watch:
-Three years six months for a section 18 GBH relating to an offence on February 9, 2018
-Three years six months for a section 18 GBH relating to an offence on February 13 - to be served concurrently with the above.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
The court heard that on Monday, May 21, 2018, the Met's Trident and Area Crime Command observed the teenager and two other men acting suspiciously around a VW Golf in Britannia Court, Barking.
When they left the location in an Audi, officers gained entry to the Golf and seized a bag containing a loaded shotgun, shotgun cartridges, bin liners, a black revolver gun and four bullets.
During further forensic examination of the car, additional items were recovered including a pair of disposable gloves and a machete, which was later linked to the 17-year-old following fingerprint analysis.
The Audi being driven by the three men was stopped by armed officers on the A13 at approximately 5.19pm. All three were arrested and taken into custody.
Officers searched the Audi and found numerous mobile phones, a pair of disposable gloves with gunshot residue on them, two walkie-talkies, a baseball bat and a balaclava.
The two other men were sentenced to 13 years each at the same court on Friday, June 14.