Schoolchildren involved in Dagenham Subway brawl
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren were involved in a brawl that left a sandwich takeaway trashed and shop assistant with a cut to the face.
Officers were called to the Subway store a few doors down from Dagenham Heathway station at 5.47pm on Friday following reports of a large group of youngsters fighting.
The group ran off when they saw the police coming.
A Met spokeswoman said: “Officers attended and a shop was damaged as a result of the disturbance.
“This resulted in a male member of staff sustaining a cut to the face from a broken window.”
You may also want to watch:
There were no other injuries reported, according to the police spokeswoman who added that there had been no arrests with enquiries ongoing.
A video posted on social media shows a large crowd outside the shop with one girl standing on a table inside and someone appearing to bang on the front door from outside.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs