Schoolchildren involved in Dagenham Subway brawl
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren were involved in a brawl that left a sandwich takeaway trashed and shop assistant with a cut to the face.
Officers were called to the Subway store a few doors down from Dagenham Heathway station at 5.47pm on Friday following reports of a large group of youngsters fighting.
The group ran off when they saw the police coming.
A Met spokeswoman said: “Officers attended and a shop was damaged as a result of the disturbance.
“This resulted in a male member of staff sustaining a cut to the face from a broken window.”
You may also want to watch:
There were no other injuries reported, according to the police spokeswoman who added that there had been no arrests with enquiries ongoing.
A video posted on social media shows a large crowd outside the shop with one girl standing on a table inside and someone appearing to bang on the front door from outside.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils