Schoolchildren involved in Dagenham Subway brawl
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren were involved in a brawl that left a sandwich takeaway trashed and shop assistant with a cut to the face.
Officers were called to the Subway store a few doors down from Dagenham Heathway station at 5.47pm on Friday following reports of a large group of youngsters fighting.
The group ran off when they saw the police coming.
A Met spokeswoman said: “Officers attended and a shop was damaged as a result of the disturbance.
“This resulted in a male member of staff sustaining a cut to the face from a broken window.”
You may also want to watch:
There were no other injuries reported, according to the police spokeswoman who added that there had been no arrests with enquiries ongoing.
A video posted on social media shows a large crowd outside the shop with one girl standing on a table inside and someone appearing to bang on the front door from outside.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya