Schoolchildren involved in Dagenham Subway brawl
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren were involved in a brawl that left a sandwich takeaway trashed and shop assistant with a cut to the face.
Officers were called to the Subway store a few doors down from Dagenham Heathway station at 5.47pm on Friday following reports of a large group of youngsters fighting.
The group ran off when they saw the police coming.
A Met spokeswoman said: “Officers attended and a shop was damaged as a result of the disturbance.
“This resulted in a male member of staff sustaining a cut to the face from a broken window.”
There were no other injuries reported, according to the police spokeswoman who added that there had been no arrests with enquiries ongoing.
A video posted on social media shows a large crowd outside the shop with one girl standing on a table inside and someone appearing to bang on the front door from outside.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products