BREAKING: Man arrested on train tracks at Becontree station
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested for trespassing on the train tracks at Becontree station.
British Transport Police were called at 10.19am and detained the suspect on the tracks ten minutes later.
Met Police helicopters were involved.
District line trains had been suspended between Barking and Upminster but the service has now resumed with minor delays.
Check back throughout the day for updates.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 8 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 9 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week