BREAKING: Man arrested on train tracks at Becontree station
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested for trespassing on the train tracks at Becontree station.
British Transport Police were called at 10.19am and detained the suspect on the tracks ten minutes later.
Met Police helicopters were involved.
District line trains had been suspended between Barking and Upminster but the service has now resumed with minor delays.
Check back throughout the day for updates.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava