BREAKING NEWS: 10 overnight burglaries in Barking and Dagenham
Barking and Dagenham was hit by 10 burglaries last night.
Detectives are today probing the rash of break-ins.
The east London borough was plagued by five burglaries each day on average between April and July, Met police figures show.
Det Chief Insp Phil Howarth has urged householders to lock their PVC doors overnight.
He said: “We still see far too many people whose lives have been devastated by this horrible crime.
You may also want to watch:
“Please alter your security routine to include locking your doors with the key and making use of all of the security that you have available.
“Home burglary causes misery and inconvenience to residents but it can be easily avoided. Working together we can make life difficult for burglars.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
Anyone with information concerning burglary or the handling of stolen goods should contact police by dialling 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.