BREAKING NEWS: 10 overnight burglaries in Barking and Dagenham
Barking and Dagenham was hit by 10 burglaries last night.
Detectives are today probing the rash of break-ins.
The east London borough was plagued by five burglaries each day on average between April and July, Met police figures show.
Det Chief Insp Phil Howarth has urged householders to lock their PVC doors overnight.
He said: “We still see far too many people whose lives have been devastated by this horrible crime.
You may also want to watch:
“Please alter your security routine to include locking your doors with the key and making use of all of the security that you have available.
“Home burglary causes misery and inconvenience to residents but it can be easily avoided. Working together we can make life difficult for burglars.”
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 4 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 5 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 6 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 7 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
Anyone with information concerning burglary or the handling of stolen goods should contact police by dialling 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.