Brick thrown at car on London Road, Barking
A woman narrowly avoided crashing her car after someone threw a brick onto the windscreen while she was driving.
The 30-year-old, from Dagenham, was driving her Ford Ka on the A406 roundabout at London Road, Barking, when the brick was lobbed from the flyover.
Luckily she was unharmed but her windscreen was shattered and she was very shaken by the incident.
It is believed that two youngsters are responsible for throwing the brick.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, which happened on February 18 at around 7.45am, should contact Det Const Maria Hartshorn by dialling 101 quoting reference number 5103048/13.
You may also want to watch:
Det Const Hartshorn said: “The actions of these children could have resulted in serious injury to the driver of this vehicle and other road users, not to mention the harm to themselves that they risked by being on the flyover alongside very heavy fast-moving traffic.”
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 9 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 10 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years