Brick thrown at car on London Road, Barking
A woman narrowly avoided crashing her car after someone threw a brick onto the windscreen while she was driving.
The 30-year-old, from Dagenham, was driving her Ford Ka on the A406 roundabout at London Road, Barking, when the brick was lobbed from the flyover.
Luckily she was unharmed but her windscreen was shattered and she was very shaken by the incident.
It is believed that two youngsters are responsible for throwing the brick.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, which happened on February 18 at around 7.45am, should contact Det Const Maria Hartshorn by dialling 101 quoting reference number 5103048/13.
Det Const Hartshorn said: “The actions of these children could have resulted in serious injury to the driver of this vehicle and other road users, not to mention the harm to themselves that they risked by being on the flyover alongside very heavy fast-moving traffic.”
- 1 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 2 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 8 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Long-life food, foil and credit: Readers' tips for saving money this winter