Brothel used by 11 sex workers uncovered in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
An illegal house which was being used as a brothel by 11 sex workers has been uncovered during raids targeting illegal homes in Barking and Dagenham.
The property was discovered by council officers and police who raided five homes in the borough last week.
An outhouse converted into a sophisticated cannabis factory with high tech growing equipment and 13 people living in just ONE shed was also uncovered as part of the operation.
Councillor Laila Butt, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We are determined to find and clamp down on rogue landlords who set out to exploit vulnerable people as well as unscrupulous and criminal minded people who rent properties in our borough only for the sole purpose of turning a fast buck.
“I urge residents to report any suspicions or concerns they may have about homes.”
You may also want to watch:
You can contact the Private Rented Property Team by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations