Brothel used by 11 sex workers uncovered in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
An illegal house which was being used as a brothel by 11 sex workers has been uncovered during raids targeting illegal homes in Barking and Dagenham.
The property was discovered by council officers and police who raided five homes in the borough last week.
An outhouse converted into a sophisticated cannabis factory with high tech growing equipment and 13 people living in just ONE shed was also uncovered as part of the operation.
Councillor Laila Butt, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We are determined to find and clamp down on rogue landlords who set out to exploit vulnerable people as well as unscrupulous and criminal minded people who rent properties in our borough only for the sole purpose of turning a fast buck.
“I urge residents to report any suspicions or concerns they may have about homes.”
You may also want to watch:
You can contact the Private Rented Property Team by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 5 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham