Brothel used by 11 sex workers uncovered in Barking and Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
An illegal house which was being used as a brothel by 11 sex workers has been uncovered during raids targeting illegal homes in Barking and Dagenham.
The property was discovered by council officers and police who raided five homes in the borough last week.
An outhouse converted into a sophisticated cannabis factory with high tech growing equipment and 13 people living in just ONE shed was also uncovered as part of the operation.
Councillor Laila Butt, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “We are determined to find and clamp down on rogue landlords who set out to exploit vulnerable people as well as unscrupulous and criminal minded people who rent properties in our borough only for the sole purpose of turning a fast buck.
“I urge residents to report any suspicions or concerns they may have about homes.”
You may also want to watch:
You can contact the Private Rented Property Team by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham