‘Massage stickers’ lead to brothel in Barking
- Credit: LBBD
This is one of the beds found in a brothel that has been uncovered in Barking.
The dicovery was made after the council’s enforcement team were alerted to two women putting up ‘massage stickers’ to street furniture in the town centre.
The women were then traced back to Sunningdale Avenue and an investigation later revealed the property had been turned into a brothel.
The two women were each given £75 Fixed Penalty Notices and the police will be “taking action in relation to the operation of a brothel”.
Legal action will also taken against the landlord as there property was in disrepair and was a fire hazard, according to the council.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “This has once again showed the importance of having CCTV cameras across our borough and we are able to identify anyone who is breaking the law.
“This has also led to us discovering an illegal brothel and we will now be taking the strongest possible action against the landlord.”
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 5 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 6 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 10 Admissions open for new Barking school