Jailed: Bungling burglar from Dagenham caught red-handed in Essex kitchen
- Credit: Essex Police
A bungling burglar caught in a kitchen with his pockets stuffed with stolen goods has been jailed for two years.
Luke Slater, 24, of Rowdowns Road, Dagenham, was sentenced at Basildon Crown Court on Tuesday, November 20.
The court heard how police were called to Castledon Road, in Wickford, Essex, after he was spotted “acting suspiciously”.
Officers arrived on scene 12 minutes later to find Slater inside a home he had broken into.
Car keys, a necklace and a mobile phone rained from his pockets while he was arrested and detained, with a stolen iPad, camera and jewellery box found inside his bag.
You may also want to watch:
He received a 24-month sentence for burglary and two months for theft, to run concurrently.
Thanking the concerned neighbour who alerted his team, Det Con Matthew Musson of Basildon CID said: “Slater will now have plenty of thinking time locked in prison.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete