Jailed: Bungling burglar from Dagenham caught red-handed in Essex kitchen
- Credit: Essex Police
A bungling burglar caught in a kitchen with his pockets stuffed with stolen goods has been jailed for two years.
Luke Slater, 24, of Rowdowns Road, Dagenham, was sentenced at Basildon Crown Court on Tuesday, November 20.
The court heard how police were called to Castledon Road, in Wickford, Essex, after he was spotted “acting suspiciously”.
Officers arrived on scene 12 minutes later to find Slater inside a home he had broken into.
Car keys, a necklace and a mobile phone rained from his pockets while he was arrested and detained, with a stolen iPad, camera and jewellery box found inside his bag.
You may also want to watch:
He received a 24-month sentence for burglary and two months for theft, to run concurrently.
Thanking the concerned neighbour who alerted his team, Det Con Matthew Musson of Basildon CID said: “Slater will now have plenty of thinking time locked in prison.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted