Jailed: Bungling burglar from Dagenham caught red-handed in Essex kitchen
- Credit: Essex Police
A bungling burglar caught in a kitchen with his pockets stuffed with stolen goods has been jailed for two years.
Luke Slater, 24, of Rowdowns Road, Dagenham, was sentenced at Basildon Crown Court on Tuesday, November 20.
The court heard how police were called to Castledon Road, in Wickford, Essex, after he was spotted “acting suspiciously”.
Officers arrived on scene 12 minutes later to find Slater inside a home he had broken into.
Car keys, a necklace and a mobile phone rained from his pockets while he was arrested and detained, with a stolen iPad, camera and jewellery box found inside his bag.
You may also want to watch:
He received a 24-month sentence for burglary and two months for theft, to run concurrently.
Thanking the concerned neighbour who alerted his team, Det Con Matthew Musson of Basildon CID said: “Slater will now have plenty of thinking time locked in prison.”
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 6 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon keen to build on back-to-back wins
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post