Bus chiefs were in the dark about blast that killed Barking and Dagenham passengers
BUS controllers were not told there had been explosions on three Tube trains before the fourth bomb went off, the inquest into the 7/7 attacks has heard.
Tube managers passed only limited information about the blasts on to their colleagues, the hearing was told.
The bombing of a number 30 bus in Tavistock Square came nearly an hour after the Tube bombs in 2005.
Ex-Barking Abbey student Shahara Islam, 20, and 50-year-old Gladys Wundowa, a mum-of-two of Salcombe Drive, Chadwell Heath, died in the bus attack that claimed 13 lives.
Families have questioned why the entire public transport network was not shut.
Many Tube workers also complained they were not told what was happening on July 7, 2005, the inquest heard yesterday.
One member of staff said they found out more about the attacks by switching on the television than by calling the Underground’s network control centre.
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 3 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 7 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 8 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 9 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 10 Councillors visit Ben Kinsella Trust anti-knife crime exhibition
Nearly all London Underground’s planning for a terrorist incident was based on a single attack.
London Underground’s control room issued a “Code Amber” at about 9.18am, ordering all Tube drivers to continue to the next station platform and stop.
The Tube network was completely evacuated at around 9.40am. The inquest continues.