Cabbie knife point robbery suspects may be from Barking and Dagenham
Police have released images of two men they are searching after a cab driver was robbed at knife point.
The driver, a man in his 20s, was taking two men along Juliette Way, in Aveley, when he noticed his money bag was missing at 3am on Sunday, July 10.
He asked the two passengers, who are thought to be from the Barking and Dagenham area, to return his bag but they pulled a knife and fled with the money.
The driver was not injured.
Investigating officer Det Con David Wilkinson, of the Thurrock CID target team, said: “We believe the men in the CCTV may have come from the Romford, Barking or Dagenham area, so we really need people to look at this CCTV and see if they know who they are.
You may also want to watch:
“If you do recognise them, please get in touch.”
One of the men is black, aged between 16 and 20 and wore dark jeans, a dark jacket and a black hat.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 3 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
The second suspect also wore dark clothes and was of mixed race.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or anyone who recognises the men should contact Det Con Wilkinson, at the Thurrock CID target team, on 0300 3334444.