Cabbie knife point robbery suspects may be from Barking and Dagenham
Police have released images of two men they are searching after a cab driver was robbed at knife point.
The driver, a man in his 20s, was taking two men along Juliette Way, in Aveley, when he noticed his money bag was missing at 3am on Sunday, July 10.
He asked the two passengers, who are thought to be from the Barking and Dagenham area, to return his bag but they pulled a knife and fled with the money.
The driver was not injured.
Investigating officer Det Con David Wilkinson, of the Thurrock CID target team, said: “We believe the men in the CCTV may have come from the Romford, Barking or Dagenham area, so we really need people to look at this CCTV and see if they know who they are.
You may also want to watch:
“If you do recognise them, please get in touch.”
One of the men is black, aged between 16 and 20 and wore dark jeans, a dark jacket and a black hat.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 5 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Becontree charity making the most of tech to keep supporting young people
The second suspect also wore dark clothes and was of mixed race.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or anyone who recognises the men should contact Det Con Wilkinson, at the Thurrock CID target team, on 0300 3334444.