Cabbie knife point robbery suspects may be from Barking and Dagenham
Police have released images of two men they are searching after a cab driver was robbed at knife point.
The driver, a man in his 20s, was taking two men along Juliette Way, in Aveley, when he noticed his money bag was missing at 3am on Sunday, July 10.
He asked the two passengers, who are thought to be from the Barking and Dagenham area, to return his bag but they pulled a knife and fled with the money.
The driver was not injured.
Investigating officer Det Con David Wilkinson, of the Thurrock CID target team, said: “We believe the men in the CCTV may have come from the Romford, Barking or Dagenham area, so we really need people to look at this CCTV and see if they know who they are.
You may also want to watch:
“If you do recognise them, please get in touch.”
One of the men is black, aged between 16 and 20 and wore dark jeans, a dark jacket and a black hat.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
The second suspect also wore dark clothes and was of mixed race.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or anyone who recognises the men should contact Det Con Wilkinson, at the Thurrock CID target team, on 0300 3334444.