Cabbie knife point robbery suspects may be from Barking and Dagenham
Police have released images of two men they are searching after a cab driver was robbed at knife point.
The driver, a man in his 20s, was taking two men along Juliette Way, in Aveley, when he noticed his money bag was missing at 3am on Sunday, July 10.
He asked the two passengers, who are thought to be from the Barking and Dagenham area, to return his bag but they pulled a knife and fled with the money.
The driver was not injured.
Investigating officer Det Con David Wilkinson, of the Thurrock CID target team, said: “We believe the men in the CCTV may have come from the Romford, Barking or Dagenham area, so we really need people to look at this CCTV and see if they know who they are.
You may also want to watch:
“If you do recognise them, please get in touch.”
One of the men is black, aged between 16 and 20 and wore dark jeans, a dark jacket and a black hat.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 6 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
The second suspect also wore dark clothes and was of mixed race.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or anyone who recognises the men should contact Det Con Wilkinson, at the Thurrock CID target team, on 0300 3334444.