Cabbie rapist linked to 102 attacks
A BLACK cab rapist who pounced on a Dagenham woman could be the UK’s most prolific sex offender after being linked to 102 attacks.
John Worboys, 53, was jailed indefinitely in April last year for drugging and sexually assaulting passengers.
Sarah Craigie, who lived near Broad Street in Dagenham, revealed last year how she narrowly escaped his clutches by calling a friend on her mobile when he gave her a glass of champagne spiked with a date rape drug.
He would offer women the alcoholic drink, saying he wanted to celebrate a fictitious lottery win, a bag full of cash and attacked them.
Detectives at first linked the Enfield cabbie to 83 crimes but the Met says another 19 women have come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Police fear there is a “high possibility” more victims who have not yet contacted them. The assaults are believed to have been carried out between 2002 and 2007.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 4 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 8 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate