Cabbie rapist linked to 102 attacks
A BLACK cab rapist who pounced on a Dagenham woman could be the UK’s most prolific sex offender after being linked to 102 attacks.
John Worboys, 53, was jailed indefinitely in April last year for drugging and sexually assaulting passengers.
Sarah Craigie, who lived near Broad Street in Dagenham, revealed last year how she narrowly escaped his clutches by calling a friend on her mobile when he gave her a glass of champagne spiked with a date rape drug.
He would offer women the alcoholic drink, saying he wanted to celebrate a fictitious lottery win, a bag full of cash and attacked them.
Detectives at first linked the Enfield cabbie to 83 crimes but the Met says another 19 women have come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Police fear there is a “high possibility” more victims who have not yet contacted them. The assaults are believed to have been carried out between 2002 and 2007.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils