Cannabis farm discovered in Dagenham
Police uncovered and shut down a cannabis factory in Dagenham with more than 100 plants.
Officers searched the property in Bonham Road on Sunday (July 1) after receiving information about a possible cannabis farm.
They discovered between 100 and 200 plants, plus a hydroponics watering system. A back door at the rear of the property had been replaced by a steel door.
Two men were arrested at the scene for cultivation of cannabist and unlawful abstraction of electricity.
Both have been released on police bail pending further investigation and forensic tests.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Rob Simmonds, of Barking and Dagenham Police, said: “Due to tampering with the electrical supply cannabis factories can be very dangerous to surrounding properties.
“Anyone who suspects that a property is being used to cultivate cannabis should contact their Safer Neighbourhoods Team or call Crimestoppers straight away.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan