Cannabis farm discovered in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham
- Credit: Google
Police officers recovered cannabis plants and growing equipment in mysterious circumstances from an address in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, this weekend.
Police were initially called to the property because it had been reported as an “insecure premises” at around 8.50am on Sunday.
When they arrived at the house, which is near the junction with Rosedale Road, attending officers discovered someone had forced entry into the property.
However once inside, police found no one at the property - and that “it would appear the premises was being used as a cannabis factory.”
On Facebook, one user commented it “stunk of weed” as they passed after the raid had taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Police uncovered 54 cannabis farms in Barking and Dagenham between 2013 and 2016, the second highest of any borough, according to an FOI submitted by Vice.
No arrests have been made and police are continuing with their inquiries.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood