Cannabis farm discovered in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham
- Credit: Google
Police officers recovered cannabis plants and growing equipment in mysterious circumstances from an address in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, this weekend.
Police were initially called to the property because it had been reported as an “insecure premises” at around 8.50am on Sunday.
When they arrived at the house, which is near the junction with Rosedale Road, attending officers discovered someone had forced entry into the property.
However once inside, police found no one at the property - and that “it would appear the premises was being used as a cannabis factory.”
On Facebook, one user commented it “stunk of weed” as they passed after the raid had taken place.
You may also want to watch:
Police uncovered 54 cannabis farms in Barking and Dagenham between 2013 and 2016, the second highest of any borough, according to an FOI submitted by Vice.
No arrests have been made and police are continuing with their inquiries.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault