Car crashes into crossing outside Dagenham East station ‘following police chase’
- Credit: @MPSEastbrook
The driver of a car which crashed outside Dagenham East station was attempting to evade the police, officers believe.
The vehicle crashed into a pedestrian crossing in Rainham Road South at around 3pm.
Eyewitnesses reported a police chase taking place prior to the crash.
The @MPSEastbrook account tweeted: “It’s believed the vehicle was attempting to make off from police before the driver was detained”.
It is unknown if anyone was hurt.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is down to a single lane northbound but there is no significant disruption.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences