Car crashes into crossing outside Dagenham East station ‘following police chase’
- Credit: @MPSEastbrook
The driver of a car which crashed outside Dagenham East station was attempting to evade the police, officers believe.
The vehicle crashed into a pedestrian crossing in Rainham Road South at around 3pm.
Eyewitnesses reported a police chase taking place prior to the crash.
The @MPSEastbrook account tweeted: “It’s believed the vehicle was attempting to make off from police before the driver was detained”.
It is unknown if anyone was hurt.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is down to a single lane northbound but there is no significant disruption.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post