‘Catch me if you can’ burglaries suspect Charlie Roftis taunts police on Facebook
- Credit: Essex Police
A man wanted in connection with a string of burglaries taunted police on Facebook.
Charlie Roftis told officers to “catch me if you can” below an appeal for information on his whereabouts.
“Yes thay [police] have seen me I was going to walk in but now use can f*ck off an catch me if you can sweet,” read the bizarre message, followed by five emojis.
He left the comment on the Post’s Facebook page on August 4, which was his 25th birthday.
Police want to speak to him after a number of incidents in Purfleet, Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Roftis, from Laindon, has links to Barking and Dagenham and is described as slim, 5ft 10ins tall with a tattoo on his left hand, dark hair and either stubble or a beard.
Essex Police are aware of the comment and advise him to come forward as soon as possible, a spokeswoman said.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.