‘Catch me if you can’ burglaries suspect Charlie Roftis taunts police on Facebook
- Credit: Essex Police
A man wanted in connection with a string of burglaries taunted police on Facebook.
Charlie Roftis told officers to “catch me if you can” below an appeal for information on his whereabouts.
“Yes thay [police] have seen me I was going to walk in but now use can f*ck off an catch me if you can sweet,” read the bizarre message, followed by five emojis.
He left the comment on the Post’s Facebook page on August 4, which was his 25th birthday.
Police want to speak to him after a number of incidents in Purfleet, Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Roftis, from Laindon, has links to Barking and Dagenham and is described as slim, 5ft 10ins tall with a tattoo on his left hand, dark hair and either stubble or a beard.
Essex Police are aware of the comment and advise him to come forward as soon as possible, a spokeswoman said.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.