‘Catch me if you can’ burglaries suspect Charlie Roftis taunts police on Facebook
- Credit: Essex Police
A man wanted in connection with a string of burglaries taunted police on Facebook.
Charlie Roftis told officers to “catch me if you can” below an appeal for information on his whereabouts.
“Yes thay [police] have seen me I was going to walk in but now use can f*ck off an catch me if you can sweet,” read the bizarre message, followed by five emojis.
He left the comment on the Post’s Facebook page on August 4, which was his 25th birthday.
Police want to speak to him after a number of incidents in Purfleet, Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Roftis, from Laindon, has links to Barking and Dagenham and is described as slim, 5ft 10ins tall with a tattoo on his left hand, dark hair and either stubble or a beard.
Essex Police are aware of the comment and advise him to come forward as soon as possible, a spokeswoman said.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.