CCTV appeal after teenage brothers attacked at Dagenham bus stop
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak in connection with a vicious assault on two young brothers in Dagenham.
Jake, 16, and Jordan Lane, 17, were waiting for a 173 or 175 bus at the bus stop opposite Tesco Express in Dagenham Heathway, shortly before 5pm on September 26, when they noticed a man staring at them.
They ignored him - but as Jake went to board a bus, he was suddenly attacked.
His brother saw him punched repeatedly in the face before he fell to the floor.
Fearful for his safety, Jordan kicked the suspect, who continued to hurt Jake while he was on the floor, before punching the older brother in the face too.
The pair fled on another bus and were both seen by the London Ambulance Service, who treated them for facial and head injuries.
The suspect is described as a white man in his mid-twenties, and 5ft 8ins tall. He was wearing a grey hooded top, dark blue jeans with black Nike Air trainers.
- 1 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 6 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 10 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
Anyone with information or any witnesses are urged to contact PC Naomi Goodman via 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.