Chadwell Heath man remanded in custody over fatal stabbing
A Chadwell Heath resident was remanded in custody today after being charged in connection with the murder of a man stabbed to death at a petrol station.
Thomas Cudjoe, 29, was attacked outside a Shell garage near The Bell pub in Ley Street, Ilford, on Saturday.
Five men were remanded in custody after appearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Reece Garwood, 20, of Overton Drive, Chadwell Heath, and Lewis Johnson, 21, of Bellamy Close, Canary Wharf, are charged with conspiracy to murder.
Jerome Green, 23, of Ashgrove Road, Seven Kings, and Asher Johnson, 24, of Bellamy Close, Canary Wharf, are both charged with murder.
All four are also charged with possession of an offensive weapon.
Courtney Mitchell, 22, of Clandon Road, Seven Kings, is charged with murder.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
The five are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday for their bail hearing and return on February 14 for a plea and case management hearing.