Chadwell Heath man remanded in custody over fatal stabbing
A Chadwell Heath resident was remanded in custody today after being charged in connection with the murder of a man stabbed to death at a petrol station.
Thomas Cudjoe, 29, was attacked outside a Shell garage near The Bell pub in Ley Street, Ilford, on Saturday.
Five men were remanded in custody after appearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Reece Garwood, 20, of Overton Drive, Chadwell Heath, and Lewis Johnson, 21, of Bellamy Close, Canary Wharf, are charged with conspiracy to murder.
Jerome Green, 23, of Ashgrove Road, Seven Kings, and Asher Johnson, 24, of Bellamy Close, Canary Wharf, are both charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
All four are also charged with possession of an offensive weapon.
Courtney Mitchell, 22, of Clandon Road, Seven Kings, is charged with murder.
- 1 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 2 Litter pickers mark opening of new community centre in Dagenham
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Archery prodigy recognised by county for record-breaking efforts
- 7 Barking boss Gardner wants to use Cup to embed new system and hand out opportunities
- 8 Daggers have some of best strikers in league says manager McMahon
- 9 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 10 Letter writing, Ramadan, Cats Protection, Islamophobia and Covid
The five are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday for their bail hearing and return on February 14 for a plea and case management hearing.