Chadwell Heath man remanded in custody over fatal stabbing
A Chadwell Heath resident was remanded in custody today after being charged in connection with the murder of a man stabbed to death at a petrol station.
Thomas Cudjoe, 29, was attacked outside a Shell garage near The Bell pub in Ley Street, Ilford, on Saturday.
Five men were remanded in custody after appearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Reece Garwood, 20, of Overton Drive, Chadwell Heath, and Lewis Johnson, 21, of Bellamy Close, Canary Wharf, are charged with conspiracy to murder.
Jerome Green, 23, of Ashgrove Road, Seven Kings, and Asher Johnson, 24, of Bellamy Close, Canary Wharf, are both charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
All four are also charged with possession of an offensive weapon.
Courtney Mitchell, 22, of Clandon Road, Seven Kings, is charged with murder.
- 1 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 2 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 5 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 10 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
The five are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday for their bail hearing and return on February 14 for a plea and case management hearing.