Charges dropped in Joshua Bwalya murder case
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Murder charges have been dropped against two men accused of stabbing to death Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Ayrton Ambrose, of Glengale Road, Peckham, and Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, were held in connection to the 16-year-old’s murder.
Joshua was found in Movers Lane, near the junction with Ripple Road, on August 2 after an attack which left a man, 20, and another 16-year-old boy with stab wounds.
The case against the pair, both aged 20, was discontinued at the Old Bailey earlier this week.
They last appeared in court yesterday and had been remanded in custody charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
Post-mortem tests found Joshua died from multiple stab wounds to the chest.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham drug dealer who beat vulnerable man with walking stick
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products