Charges dropped in Joshua Bwalya murder case
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Murder charges have been dropped against two men accused of stabbing to death Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Ayrton Ambrose, of Glengale Road, Peckham, and Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, were held in connection to the 16-year-old’s murder.
Joshua was found in Movers Lane, near the junction with Ripple Road, on August 2 after an attack which left a man, 20, and another 16-year-old boy with stab wounds.
The case against the pair, both aged 20, was discontinued at the Old Bailey earlier this week.
They last appeared in court yesterday and had been remanded in custody charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
You may also want to watch:
Post-mortem tests found Joshua died from multiple stab wounds to the chest.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham