Charges dropped in Joshua Bwalya murder case
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Murder charges have been dropped against two men accused of stabbing to death Barking teenager Joshua Bwalya.
Ayrton Ambrose, of Glengale Road, Peckham, and Kareem Lashley-Weekes, of Maryland Park, Stratford, were held in connection to the 16-year-old’s murder.
Joshua was found in Movers Lane, near the junction with Ripple Road, on August 2 after an attack which left a man, 20, and another 16-year-old boy with stab wounds.
The case against the pair, both aged 20, was discontinued at the Old Bailey earlier this week.
They last appeared in court yesterday and had been remanded in custody charged with Joshua’s murder and two counts of attempted murder.
You may also want to watch:
Post-mortem tests found Joshua died from multiple stab wounds to the chest.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL