Clamp down on illegal drivers
POLICE seized three cars during a roadside operation after discovering they were being driven illegally.
Two were being driven without insurance and the other was seized because the motorist was currently banned from driving.
The operation, at the Millennium Centre, Dagenham, ran on September 16 from 11am – 2pm and included officers from four Safer Neighbourhood Teams, along with Road Safety Advisor Craig Elliot.
Operation Reclaim aims to promote road safety by removing illegal drivers and their vehicles from the roads.
Police said that Reclaim can also disrupt the activities of burglars transporting stolen goods.
You may also want to watch:
During the three-hour initiative officers scanned the number plates of 1,996 vehicles, of which 23 were stopped.
Twelve warnings were also given to people driving without seatbelts or for using mobile phones while behind the wheel.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 8 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 9 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 10 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light