Clamp down on illegal drivers
POLICE seized three cars during a roadside operation after discovering they were being driven illegally.
Two were being driven without insurance and the other was seized because the motorist was currently banned from driving.
The operation, at the Millennium Centre, Dagenham, ran on September 16 from 11am – 2pm and included officers from four Safer Neighbourhood Teams, along with Road Safety Advisor Craig Elliot.
Operation Reclaim aims to promote road safety by removing illegal drivers and their vehicles from the roads.
Police said that Reclaim can also disrupt the activities of burglars transporting stolen goods.
During the three-hour initiative officers scanned the number plates of 1,996 vehicles, of which 23 were stopped.
Twelve warnings were also given to people driving without seatbelts or for using mobile phones while behind the wheel.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 8 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests