Clamp down on illegal drivers
POLICE seized three cars during a roadside operation after discovering they were being driven illegally.
Two were being driven without insurance and the other was seized because the motorist was currently banned from driving.
The operation, at the Millennium Centre, Dagenham, ran on September 16 from 11am – 2pm and included officers from four Safer Neighbourhood Teams, along with Road Safety Advisor Craig Elliot.
Operation Reclaim aims to promote road safety by removing illegal drivers and their vehicles from the roads.
Police said that Reclaim can also disrupt the activities of burglars transporting stolen goods.
You may also want to watch:
During the three-hour initiative officers scanned the number plates of 1,996 vehicles, of which 23 were stopped.
Twelve warnings were also given to people driving without seatbelts or for using mobile phones while behind the wheel.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate