Clem Roberts Dagenham murder suspects including girl, 14, released on bail
- Credit: Archant
Three people who were arrested on suspicion of beating a grandfather to death in Dagenham in a row over a set of keys have been released on bail.
Clem Roberts, 60, died on Monday afternoon after he was attacked in Stanhope Road.
Scotland Yard believe everyone involved in the incident knew each other, and said one line of enquiry was that a set of keys had been taken from his house in Valence Wood Road prior to the fight.
A 17-year-old boy, a 20-year-old man and a 14-year-old girl were all arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday, and were released on bail last night until a date in early February, pending further enquiries.
A post-mortem was held yesterday at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary but was inconclusive, so further tests will be held.
You may also want to watch:
Clem, a former mechanic who lived in Valence Wood Road, left behind 14 grandchildren and six children, including eldest daughter Simone Roberts.
“I’m in shock, my dad has gone forever,” she told the Post.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
“My dad didn’t deserve to die this way.”
Did you know Clem? Leave a tribute by emailing email@example.com or call 020 8477 3981.
Police are appealing for anyone with any information to call 020 8785 8244, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.