Clem Roberts Dagenham murder suspects including girl, 14, released on bail
- Credit: Archant
Three people who were arrested on suspicion of beating a grandfather to death in Dagenham in a row over a set of keys have been released on bail.
Clem Roberts, 60, died on Monday afternoon after he was attacked in Stanhope Road.
Scotland Yard believe everyone involved in the incident knew each other, and said one line of enquiry was that a set of keys had been taken from his house in Valence Wood Road prior to the fight.
A 17-year-old boy, a 20-year-old man and a 14-year-old girl were all arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday, and were released on bail last night until a date in early February, pending further enquiries.
A post-mortem was held yesterday at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary but was inconclusive, so further tests will be held.
You may also want to watch:
Clem, a former mechanic who lived in Valence Wood Road, left behind 14 grandchildren and six children, including eldest daughter Simone Roberts.
“I’m in shock, my dad has gone forever,” she told the Post.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 8 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 9 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
“My dad didn’t deserve to die this way.”
Did you know Clem? Leave a tribute by emailing email@example.com or call 020 8477 3981.
Police are appealing for anyone with any information to call 020 8785 8244, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.