Commander unveils �18million police base in Barking
Commander Jim Webster cuts the ribbon to an �18million super police station in Barking.
Fresh Wharf Station in Highbridge Road caters for nearly 500 officers including CID detectives and 999 patrols.
The 40,000 sq ft base also includes a state-of-the-art custody suite for 30 detainees.
Area Cdr Webster joined Barking and Dagenham Mayor Milton McKenzie - pictured right - and Barking and Dagenham police commander Matt Bell - far right - at the official unveiling on June 1.
Cdr Bell said: “The official opening marks the start of a more efficient policing and custody service for the people of Barking and Dagenham.”
You may also want to watch:
The police station is not open to the public but victims of crime can go to Barking Police Station in Ripple Road or Dagenham Police Station in Rainham Road South.
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 4 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 5 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 6 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 7 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 8 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
- 10 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light