Commander unveils �18million police base in Barking
Commander Jim Webster cuts the ribbon to an �18million super police station in Barking.
Fresh Wharf Station in Highbridge Road caters for nearly 500 officers including CID detectives and 999 patrols.
The 40,000 sq ft base also includes a state-of-the-art custody suite for 30 detainees.
Area Cdr Webster joined Barking and Dagenham Mayor Milton McKenzie - pictured right - and Barking and Dagenham police commander Matt Bell - far right - at the official unveiling on June 1.
Cdr Bell said: “The official opening marks the start of a more efficient policing and custody service for the people of Barking and Dagenham.”
You may also want to watch:
The police station is not open to the public but victims of crime can go to Barking Police Station in Ripple Road or Dagenham Police Station in Rainham Road South.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer