Commuters urged to be ‘calm but alert’ following suspected Parsons Green terrorist incident
- Credit: PA
Commuters have been urged to remain “calm but alert” following a suspected terrorist incident on a Tube train this morning.
Officers from the Met’s counter terrorism command are investigating a reported explosion and fire on board a District line train at Parsons Green station, south west London, at about 8.20am.
Pictures posted on social media appeared to show a flaming bucket inside a plastic carrier bag on the floor of a carriage.
A number of people have suffered injuries, with reports of a stampede taking place as commuters tried to flee the station.
A Met spokesman said: “We urge the public to remain calm but alert and if you have any concerns, see or hear anything suspicious then contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services are at the scene and the District line is currently suspended between Earl’s Court and Wimbledon.
Prime minister Theresa May is to chair a meeting of the Government’s Cobra emergencies committee this afternoon to discuss the incident.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
She said: “My thoughts are with those injured at Parsons Green and the emergency services who, once again, are responding swiftly and bravely to a suspected terrorist incident.”