Copper-theft chase leads to Cannabis farm
THE dramatic chase of an alleged copper thief led officers to the discovery of a cannabis farm.
The caretaker of Peverel House in Stour Road, Dagenham, heard a suspicious sawing noise coming from a cupboard on October 8.
He called his line manager who was nearby and went to the block with his colleague.
The trio investigated the cupboard and realised there was someone inside apparently trying to steal copper cables. When they called the police the man ran out of the cupboard and tried to escape.
Giving chase, the housing officers had a door slammed in their faces and one was bitten on the wrist. The culprit slipped away and went into one of the flats.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrived soon after and got into the flat where the suspected thief was arrested. Inside the property they discovered several cannabis plants along with drugs paraphernalia.
To read the whole story, get next week’s copy of the POST.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out