Copper-theft chase leads to Cannabis farm
THE dramatic chase of an alleged copper thief led officers to the discovery of a cannabis farm.
The caretaker of Peverel House in Stour Road, Dagenham, heard a suspicious sawing noise coming from a cupboard on October 8.
He called his line manager who was nearby and went to the block with his colleague.
The trio investigated the cupboard and realised there was someone inside apparently trying to steal copper cables. When they called the police the man ran out of the cupboard and tried to escape.
Giving chase, the housing officers had a door slammed in their faces and one was bitten on the wrist. The culprit slipped away and went into one of the flats.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrived soon after and got into the flat where the suspected thief was arrested. Inside the property they discovered several cannabis plants along with drugs paraphernalia.
To read the whole story, get next week’s copy of the POST.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham