Councillor launches crowdfund campaign to replace bicycle robbed from Barking schoolboy
- Credit: Archant
A councillor has launched a crowdfunding campaign to replace a bicycle robbed from a Barking schoolboy as he rode it for the first time.
Zayn Khan, 15, who lives in Upney Lane, saved up a year’s worth of pocket money to buy himself the new £200 mountain bike.
However whilst taking it for its maiden spin around Barking Park, he was targeted by a group of three men who threw him off his bike before punching and kicking him.
After reading about the robbery on the Post website Faruk Choudhury, who is Zayn’s councillor in Longbridge ward, has decided to step in and help him get a replacement.
He said: “When I heard what had happened to Zayn I was appalled and saddened. As a community we have to do something to help.
You may also want to watch:
“No one, young or old, should feel afraid to leave their home.”
To donate towards a replacement bike for Zayn, click here.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London