Dad of two, 45, pleads guilty to knife threat to neighbour
A man pleaded guilty in court yesterday to shouting “I’ll kill you” to his neighbour while brandishing a large kitchen knife.
Stefan Cristian Dumitriu, 45, of Martindale Avenue, Barking, was making “sweeping and stabbing” actions with the 15cm knife towards his neighbour, a court heard.
The victim, Dorab Wali Ahmed, was returning home when he was confronted by Dumitriu.
He pushed the Romanian father-of-two away and was able to escape and call for help.
The prosecution said that when the police arrived they found Dumitriu to be drunk.
You may also want to watch:
He began saying he was “sorry and ashamed” and willing to repair any damage.
Speaking on his behalf the defence said he is “very tearful and embarrassed to find himself before a court and cannot remember a thing that happened”.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
She added: “He had bought a Romanian spirit from the shop and has no recollection of anything after he began drinking it.”
The defence asked that Dumitriu could be dealt with today by way of a fine or a short judicial discharge but the chair of the bench requested a pre-sentence report to “get more information before making that decision”.
She added the bench was “looking to make a community order” but would not rule out any options.
The defendant was released on conditional bail and will reappear before Barkingside court on March 17 where he will be sentenced.