Dagenham 23-year-old run over and stabbed 18 times with a screwdriver
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man was allegedly stabbed 18 times across the body with a Phillips screwdriver, moments after being run over by a van.
Carer Sam Toulson, of Valence Circus, Dagenham, was pierced in the face, arm and torso – front, back and sides – on Tuesday, May 12.
Police were called to Stansgate Road to reports of an assault at about 4pm, and found the man with stab wounds.
A transit van had earlier mounted the pavement and knocked down Mr Toulson, alongside Tremayne Akinrinmade, 22, of Martin’s Corner and a 37-year-old woman.
A man and a woman got out of the van and assaulted Mr Toulson on the ground, before another man, driving a silver Ford Mondeo, also joined in the attack.
You may also want to watch:
The trio then drove off in the Mondeo in the direction of Marston Avenue, leaving the van behind.
“He came up the road going about 60 miles an hour, mounted the pavement and took me and a friend out,” Mr Toulson told the Post.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
“I didn’t see the van coming at all, I was just standing there and the next thing I knew I was on the floor.
“He crashed into a garden and then got out and stabbed me 18 times with a screwdriver – the pain was so intense.”
It is believed all parties involved are known to each other and were involved in an earlier altercation.
Three people, two men and a woman, have been charged in connection.
Det Con Darren Harvey, leading the investigation from Barking and Dagenham CID, said: “This incident took place next to a play park which was busy with people.
“If anyone was in the area and saw this incident, or the events leading up to this incident, I would ask them to contact police.”
Anyone with information should call police on 0203 2761096 or 07500 108529 quoting ref: 5107662/15 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.