Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas mentioned in Norwegian gunman’s ‘manifesto’
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas was singled out by Norwegian gunman Anders Breivik, who is accused of murdering more than 70 people, in his anti-Muslim “manifesto”.
The far-right activist has admitted planting a bomb in the Norwegian capital Oslo that killed eight people and murdering 68 young people during a shooting spree on the island of Utoya.
However, he pleaded not guilty in court on Monday – blaming the “treason” of the country’s immigration policies for carrying out the atrocity.
In a statement read by judge Kim Heger, Breivik said: “As long as the labour party keeps driving its ideological line and keeps deconstructing Norwegian culture and mass importation of Muslims, then they must assume responsibility for this treason.”
Breivik’s beliefs were set down in a 1,500 word “manifesto” which includes a section that claims that the British authorities are encouraging anti-Semitic attacks in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
It states that: “Prime minister Gordon Brown, who collaborates with the Saudis, appointed Jon Cruddas MP to spearhead a campaign against ‘the far right’.”
Mr Cruddas told the Post that he would not comment of the contents of Breivik’s “manifesto” until he had checked the information himself.
- 1 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 4 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 7 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Samuel Garside House fire review prompts questions over responsibility
He added: “The events in Norway against the young labour party members were terrible and I know everyone in the borough will be appalled by what we have seen over the weekend.”