Dagenham armed robbery charges put four young men in the dock
- Credit: Archant
Four young men are in custody on charges of an armed robbery in Broad Street, Dagenham.
The men were named by Met police as Tonislav Trifonov, 19, of Langhorne Road, Dagenham, Mergim Racaj, 21, of Harts Lane, Barking, Bekim Shaqiri, 22, of Osborne Square, Dagenham and Anisur Rahman, 19, of Fanshawe Crescent, Dagenham.
All were charged on February 5 at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court with robbery and possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
The charges are in connection with an armed robbery in Broad Street, Dagenham, on February 3, police said.
Racaj and Shaqiri are Kosovan nationals, while Trifonov is a Bulgarian national and Rahman is a British citizen.
You may also want to watch:
They appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday (February 16) and were remanded in custody.
A five day trial is scheduled for July 27 at the same court.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets