Dagenham armed robbery charges put four young men in the dock
- Credit: Archant
Four young men are in custody on charges of an armed robbery in Broad Street, Dagenham.
The men were named by Met police as Tonislav Trifonov, 19, of Langhorne Road, Dagenham, Mergim Racaj, 21, of Harts Lane, Barking, Bekim Shaqiri, 22, of Osborne Square, Dagenham and Anisur Rahman, 19, of Fanshawe Crescent, Dagenham.
All were charged on February 5 at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court with robbery and possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
The charges are in connection with an armed robbery in Broad Street, Dagenham, on February 3, police said.
Racaj and Shaqiri are Kosovan nationals, while Trifonov is a Bulgarian national and Rahman is a British citizen.
You may also want to watch:
They appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday (February 16) and were remanded in custody.
A five day trial is scheduled for July 27 at the same court.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home