Dagenham armed robbery charges put four young men in the dock
- Credit: Archant
Four young men are in custody on charges of an armed robbery in Broad Street, Dagenham.
The men were named by Met police as Tonislav Trifonov, 19, of Langhorne Road, Dagenham, Mergim Racaj, 21, of Harts Lane, Barking, Bekim Shaqiri, 22, of Osborne Square, Dagenham and Anisur Rahman, 19, of Fanshawe Crescent, Dagenham.
All were charged on February 5 at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court with robbery and possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
The charges are in connection with an armed robbery in Broad Street, Dagenham, on February 3, police said.
Racaj and Shaqiri are Kosovan nationals, while Trifonov is a Bulgarian national and Rahman is a British citizen.
You may also want to watch:
They appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday (February 16) and were remanded in custody.
A five day trial is scheduled for July 27 at the same court.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 8 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race