Dagenham benefit fraudster claimed £85k that she wasn’t entitled to
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A woman who admitted taking benefits that she wasn’t entitled to will be sentenced next week.
Rosemary Thake, of Grafton Road, Dagenham, was overpaid by £85,935.34 after not disclosing her correct circumstances when making claims to Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and Tax Credits.
She had failed to declare that her husband, Robert Thake, was in full time work.
Thake pleaded guilty to charges relating to obtaining benefits that she was not entitled to at Snaresbook Crown Court on April 6.
She will be sentenced at the same court on Wednesday next week.
You may also want to watch:
The overpaid amounts will be recovered from Thake.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award