Dagenham benefit fraudster claimed £85k that she wasn’t entitled to
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A woman who admitted taking benefits that she wasn’t entitled to will be sentenced next week.
Rosemary Thake, of Grafton Road, Dagenham, was overpaid by £85,935.34 after not disclosing her correct circumstances when making claims to Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and Tax Credits.
She had failed to declare that her husband, Robert Thake, was in full time work.
Thake pleaded guilty to charges relating to obtaining benefits that she was not entitled to at Snaresbook Crown Court on April 6.
She will be sentenced at the same court on Wednesday next week.
You may also want to watch:
The overpaid amounts will be recovered from Thake.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 RSPCA appeal after man allegedly carries dog by collar in Dagenham
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack