Dagenham benefit fraudster claimed £85k that she wasn’t entitled to
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A woman who admitted taking benefits that she wasn’t entitled to will be sentenced next week.
Rosemary Thake, of Grafton Road, Dagenham, was overpaid by £85,935.34 after not disclosing her correct circumstances when making claims to Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and Tax Credits.
She had failed to declare that her husband, Robert Thake, was in full time work.
Thake pleaded guilty to charges relating to obtaining benefits that she was not entitled to at Snaresbook Crown Court on April 6.
She will be sentenced at the same court on Wednesday next week.
You may also want to watch:
The overpaid amounts will be recovered from Thake.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people