Dagenham boxing champ arrested after drug bust
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell has been arrested on suspicion of possessing cannabis and a class A drug, it emerged today.
Police seized cannabis and a white powder when they executed a drug warrant in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham, believed to be his mum’s address.
The ex-British title holder dubbed the Dagenham Destroyer and his mum Alice have been bailed pending analysis of the white powder.
Mitchell, 26, who is tipped as a future world champion, is to release a statement through his promoter Frank Warren later today.
A Met spokesman said: “On April 15, 2011, at 08.20am police executed a drugs warrant at an address in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
“A quantity of cannabis and white powder were found.
“A 51-year-old woman and a 26-year-old man were arrested and subsequently released on bail until June 10, 2011, pending analysis of the substances seized and further investigation.”
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal