Dagenham boxing champ arrested after drug bust
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell has been arrested on suspicion of possessing cannabis and a class A drug, it emerged today.
Police seized cannabis and a white powder when they executed a drug warrant in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham, believed to be his mum’s address.
The ex-British title holder dubbed the Dagenham Destroyer and his mum Alice have been bailed pending analysis of the white powder.
Mitchell, 26, who is tipped as a future world champion, is to release a statement through his promoter Frank Warren later today.
A Met spokesman said: “On April 15, 2011, at 08.20am police executed a drugs warrant at an address in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
“A quantity of cannabis and white powder were found.
“A 51-year-old woman and a 26-year-old man were arrested and subsequently released on bail until June 10, 2011, pending analysis of the substances seized and further investigation.”
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham