Dagenham boxing champ arrested after drug bust
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell has been arrested on suspicion of possessing cannabis and a class A drug, it emerged today.
Police seized cannabis and a white powder when they executed a drug warrant in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham, believed to be his mum’s address.
The ex-British title holder dubbed the Dagenham Destroyer and his mum Alice have been bailed pending analysis of the white powder.
Mitchell, 26, who is tipped as a future world champion, is to release a statement through his promoter Frank Warren later today.
A Met spokesman said: “On April 15, 2011, at 08.20am police executed a drugs warrant at an address in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
“A quantity of cannabis and white powder were found.
“A 51-year-old woman and a 26-year-old man were arrested and subsequently released on bail until June 10, 2011, pending analysis of the substances seized and further investigation.”
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 4 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 5 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 6 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 7 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you