Dagenham boxing champ bailed again over drugs
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell has been bailed on suspicion of possessing cannabis and a class A drug for the second time.
He was questioned with his 51-year-old mother Alice after a drugs raid at the family home in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham, in April.
Mitchell, 26, has been re-interviewed and bailed to July 15, clearing the way for his European lightweight title fight against John Murray at the ExCeL exhibition centre in east London.
His promoter Frank Warren said: “Kevin’s fight against John will go as planned for July 9. He is in serious training for it.”
Mitchell was held during an 8am raid on April 15. Police seen removing bags from Dagenham allegedly found white powder and cannabis plants.
You may also want to watch:
Mitchell and his mother were questioned at Dagenham Police Station in Rainham Road South on Friday.
A police spokesman said: “They have both been rebailed to return to an east London police station on July 15.”
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 7 Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- 8 Dagenham boss McMahon insists Stockport are the best team in the league on paper
- 9 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 10 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham