Dagenham boxing champ bailed again over drugs
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell has been bailed on suspicion of possessing cannabis and a class A drug for the second time.
He was questioned with his 51-year-old mother Alice after a drugs raid at the family home in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham, in April.
Mitchell, 26, has been re-interviewed and bailed to July 15, clearing the way for his European lightweight title fight against John Murray at the ExCeL exhibition centre in east London.
His promoter Frank Warren said: “Kevin’s fight against John will go as planned for July 9. He is in serious training for it.”
Mitchell was held during an 8am raid on April 15. Police seen removing bags from Dagenham allegedly found white powder and cannabis plants.
You may also want to watch:
Mitchell and his mother were questioned at Dagenham Police Station in Rainham Road South on Friday.
A police spokesman said: “They have both been rebailed to return to an east London police station on July 15.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 9 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer