Dagenham boxing champ bailed again over drugs
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell has been bailed on suspicion of possessing cannabis and a class A drug for the second time.
He was questioned with his 51-year-old mother Alice after a drugs raid at the family home in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham, in April.
Mitchell, 26, has been re-interviewed and bailed to July 15, clearing the way for his European lightweight title fight against John Murray at the ExCeL exhibition centre in east London.
His promoter Frank Warren said: “Kevin’s fight against John will go as planned for July 9. He is in serious training for it.”
Mitchell was held during an 8am raid on April 15. Police seen removing bags from Dagenham allegedly found white powder and cannabis plants.
You may also want to watch:
Mitchell and his mother were questioned at Dagenham Police Station in Rainham Road South on Friday.
A police spokesman said: “They have both been rebailed to return to an east London police station on July 15.”
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham