Dagenham boxing champ bailed again over drugs
Dagenham boxing champion Kevin Mitchell has been bailed on suspicion of possessing cannabis and a class A drug for the second time.
He was questioned with his 51-year-old mother Alice after a drugs raid at the family home in Whitebarn Lane, Dagenham, in April.
Mitchell, 26, has been re-interviewed and bailed to July 15, clearing the way for his European lightweight title fight against John Murray at the ExCeL exhibition centre in east London.
His promoter Frank Warren said: “Kevin’s fight against John will go as planned for July 9. He is in serious training for it.”
Mitchell was held during an 8am raid on April 15. Police seen removing bags from Dagenham allegedly found white powder and cannabis plants.
You may also want to watch:
Mitchell and his mother were questioned at Dagenham Police Station in Rainham Road South on Friday.
A police spokesman said: “They have both been rebailed to return to an east London police station on July 15.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils