Dagenham carer who suffocated MS father found guilty of murder
- Credit: Archant
A transgender carer who suffocated her father who was suffering from multiple sclerosis has been found guilty of murder this morning.
Claire Darbyshire, 36, killed her 67-year-old father Brian at their home in Wykeham Green, Dagenham, on September 2 last year.
After deliberating for 11 hours and 32 minutes, a jury unanimously found Darbyshire guilty of murder at the Old Bailey.
During the trial, the jury had been asked to consider the grounds for murder, manslaughter and assisted suicide.
The defendant gave no reaction as the verdict was delivered, while family members left court in tears.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder of London, Nicholas Hilliard QC, adjourned sentencing to a date to be fixed and asked for a prison report, saying he wanted to understand the impact of custody “in the particular circumstances”.
Do you know Claire or did you know Brian Darbyshire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3824.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham