Dagenham carer who suffocated MS father found guilty of murder
- Credit: Archant
A transgender carer who suffocated her father who was suffering from multiple sclerosis has been found guilty of murder this morning.
Claire Darbyshire, 36, killed her 67-year-old father Brian at their home in Wykeham Green, Dagenham, on September 2 last year.
After deliberating for 11 hours and 32 minutes, a jury unanimously found Darbyshire guilty of murder at the Old Bailey.
During the trial, the jury had been asked to consider the grounds for murder, manslaughter and assisted suicide.
The defendant gave no reaction as the verdict was delivered, while family members left court in tears.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder of London, Nicholas Hilliard QC, adjourned sentencing to a date to be fixed and asked for a prison report, saying he wanted to understand the impact of custody “in the particular circumstances”.
Do you know Claire or did you know Brian Darbyshire? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3824.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood