Dagenham cashpoint robber who stole from wheelchair pensioner is jailed
A cashpoint robber who stole �190 from an 81-year-old wheelchair user as she drew money from a bank has been jailed.
Jason Culverhouse, 41, robbed the vulnerable pensioner at Lloyds in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, on July 24.
Culverhouse, of Rockwell Road, Dagenham, was jailed for 20 months at Snaresbrook Crown Court on August 15.
He pleaded guilty to theft at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on July 25 and was remanded in custody.
Police told how two “hero” bystanders chase Culverhouse in Oxlow Lane and saw him flee in a getaway vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives used their statements to trace the jobless man and he was arrested at his home later that same day.
Barking and Dagenham Police Det Con Phil Stokes thanked the “brave” actions of the two “spirited” men.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 7 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 8 Dagenham crash to defeat at home to Stockport
- 9 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows