Dagenham cashpoint robber who stole from wheelchair pensioner is jailed
A cashpoint robber who stole �190 from an 81-year-old wheelchair user as she drew money from a bank has been jailed.
Jason Culverhouse, 41, robbed the vulnerable pensioner at Lloyds in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, on July 24.
Culverhouse, of Rockwell Road, Dagenham, was jailed for 20 months at Snaresbrook Crown Court on August 15.
He pleaded guilty to theft at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on July 25 and was remanded in custody.
Police told how two “hero” bystanders chase Culverhouse in Oxlow Lane and saw him flee in a getaway vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives used their statements to trace the jobless man and he was arrested at his home later that same day.
Barking and Dagenham Police Det Con Phil Stokes thanked the “brave” actions of the two “spirited” men.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 3 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 4 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 5 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 6 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 7 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
- 8 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate