Dagenham cashpoint robber who stole from wheelchair pensioner is jailed
A cashpoint robber who stole �190 from an 81-year-old wheelchair user as she drew money from a bank has been jailed.
Jason Culverhouse, 41, robbed the vulnerable pensioner at Lloyds in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, on July 24.
Culverhouse, of Rockwell Road, Dagenham, was jailed for 20 months at Snaresbrook Crown Court on August 15.
He pleaded guilty to theft at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on July 25 and was remanded in custody.
Police told how two “hero” bystanders chase Culverhouse in Oxlow Lane and saw him flee in a getaway vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives used their statements to trace the jobless man and he was arrested at his home later that same day.
Barking and Dagenham Police Det Con Phil Stokes thanked the “brave” actions of the two “spirited” men.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate