Dagenham cashpoint robber who stole from wheelchair pensioner is jailed
A cashpoint robber who stole �190 from an 81-year-old wheelchair user as she drew money from a bank has been jailed.
Jason Culverhouse, 41, robbed the vulnerable pensioner at Lloyds in Oxlow Lane, Dagenham, on July 24.
Culverhouse, of Rockwell Road, Dagenham, was jailed for 20 months at Snaresbrook Crown Court on August 15.
He pleaded guilty to theft at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on July 25 and was remanded in custody.
Police told how two “hero” bystanders chase Culverhouse in Oxlow Lane and saw him flee in a getaway vehicle.
Detectives used their statements to trace the jobless man and he was arrested at his home later that same day.
Barking and Dagenham Police Det Con Phil Stokes thanked the “brave” actions of the two “spirited” men.
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Dagenham landlord fined for unlawful eviction after secretly changing locks