Dagenham clubber slammed with £415 fine for cocaine possession
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A night out ended up costing a clubber more than he bargained for after he was ordered to pay £415 for possessing cocaine.
Daniel Gary Doe, 21, of Valence Wood Road, Dagenham, was caught with the class A drug at Cameo night club in Romford.
He pleaded guilty at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on June 19, with his mother in the court room for moral support.
Prosecuting, Andria Scantlebury, explained in the early hours of bank holiday Monday, May 26, a witness informed managers of the club that Daniel was taking the drug.
Defending, Mrs Cargill, said: “He has never participated in taking class A drugs before and after this will never do it again.
She added: “He’s a hard working man and I ask that you deal with this today. His mum is here and she’s very upset and disappointed.”
The bench said they gave him full credit for his early guilty plea and added: “We’re going to dispose of this matter today and draw a line under it.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 6 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 7 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 8 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 9 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 10 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
“All of your career aspirations could have gone out the window because this does require a custodial sentence.”
The bench ordered him to pay a £300 fine, with £85 prosecution costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
They warned: “If you don’t pay it in the time set out you could end up in custody for none payment,” adding, “now let that be a lesson to you.”