Dagenham clubber slammed with £415 fine for cocaine possession
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A night out ended up costing a clubber more than he bargained for after he was ordered to pay £415 for possessing cocaine.
Daniel Gary Doe, 21, of Valence Wood Road, Dagenham, was caught with the class A drug at Cameo night club in Romford.
He pleaded guilty at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on June 19, with his mother in the court room for moral support.
Prosecuting, Andria Scantlebury, explained in the early hours of bank holiday Monday, May 26, a witness informed managers of the club that Daniel was taking the drug.
Defending, Mrs Cargill, said: “He has never participated in taking class A drugs before and after this will never do it again.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “He’s a hard working man and I ask that you deal with this today. His mum is here and she’s very upset and disappointed.”
The bench said they gave him full credit for his early guilty plea and added: “We’re going to dispose of this matter today and draw a line under it.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 9 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
“All of your career aspirations could have gone out the window because this does require a custodial sentence.”
The bench ordered him to pay a £300 fine, with £85 prosecution costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
They warned: “If you don’t pay it in the time set out you could end up in custody for none payment,” adding, “now let that be a lesson to you.”