Dagenham dog owner celebrates after being reunited with missing Chihuahua
A pet lover has been reunited with her Chihuahua after fears it may have been snatched by dognappers.
Sam Clements, 21, of Webbscroft Road, Dagenham, celebrated this week after tiny Billy was picked up by a Marks Gate resident four miles away who spotted one of her appeal posters.
She believed her two-year-old pooch worth around �1,200 may have been taken through a hole in her garden after reports the trendy Mexican dogs changed hands for just �20 at Central Park in Dagenham.
The mum-of-one said: “I was informed a number of pedigree dogs being brought in, and it seems there has been a pattern of dogs being stolen for their breed.
“I put posters everywhere. I’m really lucky.”
You may also want to watch:
Police said dog thefts were rare in Barking and Dagenham adding records showed it had received just one theft report in 2011, that of Billy now back at home with Sam.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Admissions open for new Barking school