Dagenham father jailed after head-butting and robbing cab driver
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Dagenham father who head-butted a cab driver and stole his money has been jailed for 16 months.
Alan Bafli was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Tuesday after pleading guilty to a robbery outside Broad Street Medical Centre in Morland Road, Dagenham.
Unemployed Bafli ordered a mini-cab on November 28 to take himself, his girlfriend and their child to the Broad Street Medical Centre, a police spokesman said.
When they arrived the 27-year-old refused to pay the £8 fare, so the driver followed him in to the centre and asked him to pay up.
Balfi, of Second Avenue, Dagenham, gave the driver a £5 note but would not pay the outstanding balance.
You may also want to watch:
After the driver insisted the extra £3 be paid Bafli told him to come outside where he would give him the cash.
But once outside Balfi head-butted the driver and snatched £15.00 from his pocket, including the £5 he had just handed over.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
He was arrested the next day and charged with robbery.
Investigating officer DC Trevor Guy said: “Violent incidents have a devastating effect on the lives of the victims.
“After the court case is finished they still face the unenviable task of learning to live with the after effects of their ordeal. Balfi will have time to reflect on this as he serves his sentence.”