Town hall to announce winning bidder for Dagenham film studios
- Credit: Archant
The winning bidder to own and operate Dagenham’s Hollywood-style film studios is to be announced next week.
Council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell is expected to announce which firm will take on the Made in Dagenham film and TV studios at a virtual event at 10am on Tuesday, November 3.
Members of the public are invited to submit questions about the scheme to a panel which includes the chief executive of the successful company, mayor of London Sadiq Khan, Adrian Wootton from the British Film Commission and Cllr Rodwell.
Questions can be submitted in advance on the council website at lbbd.gov.uk/made-in-dagenham-film-studios
A 250-year leasehold sale was given the green light by Barking and Dagenham Council cabinet members on October 20 on the condition the operator builds and manages the studios.
You may also want to watch:
In the meeting, members were told the council wanted to attract “high class talent and huge players in the market”.
Cllr Rodwell said at the time: “This decision is a big step forward on our journey to make Dagenham London’s Hollywood.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils