Town hall to announce winning bidder for Dagenham film studios
- Credit: Archant
The winning bidder to own and operate Dagenham’s Hollywood-style film studios is to be announced next week.
Council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell is expected to announce which firm will take on the Made in Dagenham film and TV studios at a virtual event at 10am on Tuesday, November 3.
Members of the public are invited to submit questions about the scheme to a panel which includes the chief executive of the successful company, mayor of London Sadiq Khan, Adrian Wootton from the British Film Commission and Cllr Rodwell.
Questions can be submitted in advance on the council website at lbbd.gov.uk/made-in-dagenham-film-studios
A 250-year leasehold sale was given the green light by Barking and Dagenham Council cabinet members on October 20 on the condition the operator builds and manages the studios.
You may also want to watch:
In the meeting, members were told the council wanted to attract “high class talent and huge players in the market”.
Cllr Rodwell said at the time: “This decision is a big step forward on our journey to make Dagenham London’s Hollywood.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham