Town hall to announce winning bidder for Dagenham film studios
- Credit: Archant
The winning bidder to own and operate Dagenham’s Hollywood-style film studios is to be announced next week.
Council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell is expected to announce which firm will take on the Made in Dagenham film and TV studios at a virtual event at 10am on Tuesday, November 3.
Members of the public are invited to submit questions about the scheme to a panel which includes the chief executive of the successful company, mayor of London Sadiq Khan, Adrian Wootton from the British Film Commission and Cllr Rodwell.
Questions can be submitted in advance on the council website at lbbd.gov.uk/made-in-dagenham-film-studios
A 250-year leasehold sale was given the green light by Barking and Dagenham Council cabinet members on October 20 on the condition the operator builds and manages the studios.
You may also want to watch:
In the meeting, members were told the council wanted to attract “high class talent and huge players in the market”.
Cllr Rodwell said at the time: “This decision is a big step forward on our journey to make Dagenham London’s Hollywood.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters